Medlock Ames Variety Pack
2019 Sauvignon Blanc | 2018 Estate Red | 2017 Lower Slope Chardonnay
2019 Sauvignon Blanc
Our 2019 Sauvignon Blanc offers up aromas of ripe pear and grapefruit lifted by notes of anise, confectioner’s sugar, and exotic flowers. These fruit and floral notes burst forth on the palate with a lively acidity that is balanced by a rich, almost structural quality. Flavors co-mingle and ultimately resolve into a long creamy finish.
2018 Estate Red
70% Cabernet Sauvignon, 19% Merlot, 6% Cabernet Franc, 4% Petit Verdot, 1% Malbec.
Our goal is to create a wine that hits on all cylinders – flavor, color, texture, depth, finish, and overall impression. Of course, being blessed with the fruit from our Bell Mountain Estate Ranch and our experienced vineyard crew (several have been with us for more than a decade) who meticulously tend the vineyard rows to ensure optimum ripeness and fruit flavor, make things more manageable.
2017 Lower Slope Chardonnay
The 2017 Lower Slope offers light, delicate aromas of pear, lemon zest, wet stone, candied apple, lemon curd, and tangerine. On the palate, the wine is polished and lush with well integrated acid, followed by a rich velvety caramel finish with the lingering flavor of peach.
Price$128.00 ($42.67 / bottle)
Medlock Ames Winery was formed in 1998 by college best friends, Chris Medlock James and Ames Morison, who set out to produce award-winning wines from Bell Mountain Ranch.
After their school days, Ames and Chris continued as roommates where they would often share bottles of wine at their apartment in New York City. One night after a little too much wine, a seed of an idea was planted to produce the kind of elegant Bordeaux wines they were drinking but from California grapes. They packed up, moved to California, and began searching for the ideal property.
After looking at over 100 different properties, Chris and Ames drove the windy private lane off of Chalk Hill Road where Bell Mountain towered over a few dozen acres of neglected Merlot vines. The beauty of Bell Mountain and the surrounding land spoke to them and Medlock Ames was born. That was 1998 and the deep commitment to preserving Bell Mountain and being a vocal supporter for the kind of light-touch farming practices that being organic means was part of our values ever since. Today, these friends remain singularly focused on quality through mindful and organic farming along with a light touch in the cellar.
Since our beginnings almost 20 years ago, everything we do at Medlock Ames is driven by our values. This is core to who we are and is what drives us each day. In the spirit of full transparency, we share our values statement. We are open, honest, authentic with each other and with our members and guests. From our organic farming practices since day one to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment we are fully committed to our values.
- Preservation of the land is at the heart of all we do and is a guiding light not only in our farming but in how we support our community and how we make decisions to ensure our choices have the most positive impact on the world we live in
- Integrity and respect for all of our employees, all of our customers and anyone else we interact with in our community
- Continuous learning and improvement of ourselves and our organization, supporting each other in this endeavor with productive feedback while always having each other’s back
- Maintaining the highest standards in our work and for our environment, and especially in the level of hospitality we provide Teamwork in the vineyards, the winery, our hospitality centers and with our community overall
- Dedicated to creating an environment that is inclusive of all with a commitment to diversity that welcomes and respects our employees while representing our community