LAST UPDATED: August 11, 2020
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. The Services collect Personal Information, including:
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses)
- Telephone number
- Email address
We use a third party payment service to process payments made through the Services. If you choose to make a payment through the Services, your payment-related data will be collected directly by the third party payment service rather than by us.
Use of Personal Information
We and our service providers may use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Providing the functionality of the Services and fulfilling your requests
To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests and transactions, when you contact us
via one of our online contact forms or otherwise, for example, when you request
information about our services.
- To arrange access to your registered account and provide you with related customer service.
- To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To allow you to send and receive messages through the Services if you choose to do so.
- To send you marketing related emails, with information about our services, new products and other news about our company.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality that you choose to use.
- To analyze or predict our users’ preferences in order to prepare aggregated trend reports on how our digital content is used, so we can improve our Services.
- To better understand your interests and preferences, so that we can personalize our interactions with you and provide you with information and/or offers tailored to your interests.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, improving or modifying our Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns, and operating and expanding business activities.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose Personal Information:
- To our third party service providers, to facilitate services they provide to us, such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
- To our partner wineries, to enable them to fulfill your order and communicate with you when you choose to purchase products from them.
- By using the Services, you may elect to disclose Personal Information.
- On message boards, chat, blogs, and other services to which you are able to post information and content (including, without limitation, our Social Media Pages). Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to other users and the general public.
Other Uses and Disclosures
We also use and disclose your Personal Information as necessary or appropriate, in particular when we have a legal obligation or legitimate interest to do so:
- To comply with applicable law and regulations;
- To cooperate with public and government authorities, including law enforcement;
- To enforce our terms and conditions;
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and that of you or others; and
- In the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual. The Services collect Other Information such as:
- Browser and device information
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic and other information provided by you that does not reveal your specific identity
- Information that has been aggregated in a manner such that it no longer reveals your specific identity
Collection of Other Information
We and our service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Your browser or device
- Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, and Internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
- Pixel tags and other similar technologies
- Pixel tags. Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
- Physical location
- We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or WiFi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses of your device’s location, but if you do, we may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
- IP Address
- Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the pages visited. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the Services. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP Address.
Uses and Disclosures of Other Information
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out by using the mechanism contained in each such email.
If you would like to update Personal Information that you have provided to us, you may [e.g., contact us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure, or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM, or any other social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider, or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with our Social Media Pages.
USE OF SERVICES BY MINORS
The purchasing functionality on the Services is not intended for use by individuals under the age of twenty-one (21). The Services are not intended for use by individuals under the age of sixteen (16) and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 16.
The Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States.